Many students who are just graduated from universities face a need to create a competitive resume. Lack of working experience is not a good score when applying for a job. Any employer is first of all interested in your professional skills which you will exercise on a workplace. But it is not a reason to be disappointed because there are some perfect tools to write a great resume and to get an interview. It is obvious that vacancies with high salary and post are not your target as you need to have 3 – 5 years of working experience. But to have a good start is quite achievable.
If you didn’t study resume writing norms at university it is better to search something in the internet or to search professional resume/cv writers here. There are some universal points that should be observed in each resume and it is a rude mistake not to follow them. Whatever it was the aim of this article is to show you how to uncover your accomplishments and to impress HR manager with your capabilities.
1. Remember, if you will be able to convince a prospective employer that your knowledge and skills will help him to earn money your placement is guaranteed. For this you need to understand what prospective job is connected with and what the sphere where the company operates is. All this information you can get in the Internet.
2. Recollect all your university activity which may be relevant to the resume. Maybe you performed a project connected to any economic entity activity, or you took part in a significant group work, or you took part in business games and so on. Reveal in your resume results of your activity. Describe skills you have achieved and qualities you have obtained.
3. Don’t forget to include all courses and additional classes you visited during years of study. Tell about how this experience will be useful at your possible workplace. Necessarily mention that you are able to master new kinds of activity, to learn new languages and to acquire new skills. This will perform you as purposeful and versatile person.
4. If the job of your dream requires skills or knowledge which you do not possess it would be great to visit courses before applying for the job. This will help you to learn important concepts and to gain some experience.
5. Extracurricular activity is also a good subject to be described in the resume. Taking part in volunteer or charity projects will perform you as active moving person. It would be good if you have got experience of uniting big groups of people. Use your imagination to include other qualities which apply to a job goal.
6. Write about your spin-off jobs which you combined with studying, about what you were responsible for and which skills you used. Don’t forget to leave contacts of people who may give you a favorable review.
7. Think about other non-paid activity which influenced professional qualities development and good experience obtaining.
When drafting an application document avoid including irrelevant information and write everything distinctly, succinctly and without long complex sentences. Remember these tips as they will help your resume to get to hiring managers’ desk and to win the competition at the job market.