There are a number of things that we do wrong even when we wear the most casual and traditional of dresses. For example a lot of women wear kurtis in the wrong way or do not accessorise it right, resulting in a completely failed look.
So if you really love to wear kurtis and you want to make sure that you wear them right and you look good in them, here are some tips that you need to remember when you wear one and do your kurti collection online shopping:
- The first and the most important thing that you have to understand that if you are wearing short kurti, like the ones that even above the knee, then you cannot pair with leggings, more so if you are tall. They look extremely awkward and there is no balance to the look at all. If you want to wear a short kurti then you should always wear it with Patiala pants or with salwars. If you want to experiment a little, then go for dhoti salwars, but never churidars or leggings because then the resulting look is a rather abysmal one.
- The other thing that you have to avoid at all costs is wearing a skin coloured leggings. These are literally undetectable and hence if you wear them, people get confused as to whether or not they really exist. The point with a kurti is to create that look which is not possible if you do not have a fair exchange of colours and hence you need to make sure that you never wear skin coloured leggings. You can go for black or white leggings, but that is one colour that you have to avoid because they create a disturbed and confused look more than a fashionable one.
- A lot of people do not check and see if the kurti, especially if it is a halter neck one or a sleeveless one, fits them properly or not. Hence what happens is that the neckline gets rather tricky and makes one look rather un-smart. Hence this is another thing that you have to be careful about is that the neckline should complement and fit you perfectly, otherwise your look will be a fashion disaster. Also be careful of armpit fat because if you wear a halter neck kurti and you have armpit fat bulging out, then that is rather clumsy.
- Never team up printed kurtis with printed leggings. The goal is to create look that is balanced and hence it is important to wear one printed and the other a solid one. Generally, printed kurtis look best with jeans, but if you want to wear leggings, make sure that it is of one solid contrasting or complementing colour.
- And finally when you get your kurti collection online shopping done, do make sure that you go for a colour that suits you. More than complementing your skin tone, the colour should complement your personality. This is one mistake that women tend to do and shop based on complexion. It is better to shop for the colour that you like and make the look work.
Keep these rather essential factors in mind to avoid a fashion faux pas when you wear and style a kurti.