Saris never seem to go out of fashion. Today’s highly talented designers make it a point to present saris in an alluring way so that even the high-profile busy women are drawn towards them during festivals, family weddings, celebrations and festivities. Some designers today, have given the traditional saris a completely new look to entice the new generation. A designer sari is a truly versatile attire that would never ever let you down. Make a fashion statement with a gorgeous designer sari of your choice.
Designer Sarees Set the Mood & the Trend
Traditional sarees were facing stiff competition from designer salwar suits until some time ago. The youth were attracted by the convenience, style and uniqueness of exclusive designer wear. Soon traditional sarees made way for these exclusive salwar suits in formal parties, weddings and festivals. Fortunately, some designers came up with some innovative and convenient-to-wear versions of the sari that immensely attracted the new generation. Today you could make a fashion statement by draping a stunning designer sari.
The exotic patterns of the designer saris are known to truly amplify the charm and elegance of feminine beauty. Any woman would love to wear a designer sari on any special event. All one needs to do is to use different accessories with the sari complementing the different occasions. Use different accessories for fun and formal occasions.
The designer saris are extremely versatile. These come in exclusive designs, rich embroidery and exotic textures and usually in single pieces, mostly no copies are found. You could wear designer saris in weddings and festivals. These could be pretty expensive depending on the designer labels.
Keep Up With The Trends
- Designers are using neon colors in their exclusive creations. You can really stand out in a gorgeous designer sari with neon accents. Neon colors are just right for the glamorous, fun-loving and adventurous young ladies. Designer saris come in rare shades and any color that you may fancy such as aqua blue, Fawn, Olive, Grey, Rust, Copper, Cream, Burgundy Cobalt etc.
- Designer saris are coming with amazing blouses. A designer sari gives you the freedom to team it up with a stunning spaghetti or a halter blouse. Fashion divas are seen flaunting blouses in solid colors that are somewhat clashing with the sari. The latest trend is that wearing a matching blouse is considered to be tacky. If you are not comfortable in wearing daring blouses, you could opt for the in-fashion Sabyasachi style blouse. The blouse would have a deep neckline, a deep back with a delicate string to tie the blouse together and long sleeves touching the elbows.
- The metallic trend is in, as far as, designer sarees go. Most of the renowned designers are doing up their saris with heavy gold border or the pallu showcases intricate golden embellishments.
- Gorgeous designer saris come in rich textures and exotic fabrics such as Velvet, Brocade, Tussar, Silk, Organza, Net, Chiffon. Crepe, Brasso, Georgette, Cotton, Satin, Lazer, Jacquard, Viscos or Tissue. Choose a stunning saree that truly complements your personality and lifestyle.
- Designer sarees are heavily embellished with both delicate and intricate hand and machine embroidery, zardosi work, phulkari, kantha, lucknowi, kundan, dubka, resham, moti work, stone work, sequins, etc. Bronze and red with delicate velvet applique work or zardosi work is very much in vogue.
- Lehenga sarees are currently in vogue. Lehenga sarees are designer sarees that have their pallus and pleats stitched in such a way that the sari drapes like a lehenga. Very much in demand by the youngsters and are worn chiefly during festivals and weddings.
- Sari-gowns are in fashion. The truly creative Indian couturiers have been successful in updating the conventional bridal wear in the form of the sari-gowns. You could find exclusive sari-gown online that are known to be a unique blend of the sari’s classical structure and a smart truly functional zipped-up gown.
Designers have used their creativity, imagination and have completely metamorphosed the traditional sarees. The sari as an outfit has become much more suave and sophisticated. The prolific designers are coming up with mind-blowing sarees that allow you to steal the show wherever you go.
Author Bio: Meera Ranawat is an Indian fashion designer and blogger. Her line of ethnic clothing features unique and elegant designer salwar suits and sarees.